Writing a siwes report might feel overwhelming, but it might be easier than you think. Siwes reports are typically used to explain your progress at the end of your industrial training, providing your conclusions and recommendations based on knowledge gained.
To write an effective Siwes report, start by considering your purpose, research, and presentation. Then, draft your report using a friendly format for educational purposes. Finally, you can revise the sides report to make it effective.
Siwes report sample for medical pdf
A Siwes report should not be more than 20-60 pages, and you should have a softcopy either on your phone or laptop.
How to write a siwes report
1. Identify the approach of your siwes report:
Your approach to writing a report is crucial. This will tell if you are trying to inform, describe or explain your progress throughout your Siwes training. If you are unsure of what approach to take, consider what message you send to friends on your mobile phones.
2. Use a cover or title page.
- For example, you may be asked to provide your supervisor with an overview of the progress you made during your industrial training, explain the challenges you have faced, or analyze an ongoing project.
Every Siwes report must contain a Title or cover page, followed by the date you submitted it on a separate line. On a third line, your name as the author, followed by your department and faculty.
- Ask your supervisor if there are specific recommendations for formatting your siwes report. They are your most reliable resource for preparing a report.
siwes report on computer science Pdf
3. Write a brief executive summary highlighting key points.
What are your key points? Your key points are your Dedication, Acknowledgements, and Abstract. By doing so, someone can quickly grasp the main points of your report without reading the entire document. Each section should be a different page
4. Create a table of contents describing what your Siwes report contains.
Provide a table of contents that indicates the section headings and the page numbers at which each section begins. Readers will be able to discover the information they need because your report is easy to navigate
- Ensure your report is easy to read by using headings for each section.
5. Gather supporting materials and research for your siwes report
Defending a report, you will need to refer to infographics. Listed below are examples of materials you can use to prepare your siwes report.
- Statistical information
- Interviews with experts, coworkers, clients, etc.
You can always refer to your Siwes logbook for more information
6. Create a brief introduction for the report.
Introductions should be in Chapter 1, after the table of content. Provide a summary of the report’s context, and explain your purpose of the industrial training. Your introduction should contain:
- Definition of siwes
- Aims and objectives of siwes
- Company profile and Organizational Chart/Structure
You can find the aim and objective of a siwes report here
7. What are your results and activities performed?
This is where Chapter 2 comes in. Provide a brief overview of the research and evaluation you conducted on your training program. Next, describe and interpret your findings based on your report’s topic.
Here is what a conclusion might look like:
- I was able to identify applications and systems overloaded using real-time performance management.
- I was involved in changing faulty pictorial indicators of 3 aircraft and replacing them with new ones.
- Was able to secure privileged accounts using a web-based solution, reducing the chance of getting the credentials robbed.
8. Challenges and Recommendations
For Chapter 3, describe the process you followed to approach the topic or problem. Explain how your findings led to your suggestions. List your recommendations from most important to least important.
- This section should be the longest in your siwes report.
- Example about challenges, you might write: Some of the equipment is not maintained regularly and used till they break down.
- Recommendation: Regular maintenance of equipment should be carried out to avoid machine breakdown and failure.
siwes report on mechanical engineering Pdf
9. Conclusion and References
A reference list might include articles, news articles, interviews, surveys, statistics, and other related material. Cite these references at the end of your report, labeling the page “Conclusion and Reference